[Irtalk] Open educational publishing is commercial publishing | Arthur Attwell

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 20:46:47 SAST 2013

Recently I spoke on a panel at the Education Week conference about
developing open educational resources. It was great to share a stage with
innovators like Mark Horner of Siyavula, Andrew Einhorn of Numeric, and
Brett Simpson of Breadbin Interactive. I spoke about the relationship
between OER publishing and proprietary publishing – sometimes called
mainstream, traditional or commercial, though those labels are neither
useful nor accurate. Here are my notes.
http://arthurattwell.com/2013/06/28/open-educational-publishing-is-commercial-publishing/