[Irtalk] CIVIC ALERT: Avaaz - Before Monsanto uncorks the champagne

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 13:03:08 SAST 2013

Monsanto’s about to celebrate their biggest coup ever, but we’ve got until
the weekend to stop them.

The Trans-Pacific Partnership is a huge, ultra-secret deal among twelve
major countries that would give corporations unprecedented power - allowing
them to use new global tribunals to sue our governments for passing laws
that protect us, but reduce their profits! This applies to everything from
labeling GMO foods to protecting internet freedom. Wikileaks has broken the
story and opposition is building fast, but the countries are rushing to ink
the deal in 48 hours.

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/no_champagne_for_monsanto_b/