[Irtalk] Open Access (7th March 2013)

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 19:42:15 SAST 2013

The principle of ensuring access to published research by means of open
access is therefore entirely one that we support. What is at issue is not
the principle of open access, but the form that it should take in order to
make it work in a sustainable fashion. Publishing costs money, so there
have to be revenues somewhere to cover these costs. Overall, we support the
position taken by the Finch Group Report and by the Government in its
stated position in response to the Finch Group Repo rt.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201213/cmselect/cmbis/writev/openaccess/m62.htm