[Irtalk] ETD 2012 Conference Invitation and Call for Proposals

Elsabe Olivier Elsabe.Olivier at up.ac.za
Mon Mar 12 08:27:22 SAST 2012

On behalf of The Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD), the Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos (UNMSM) and the Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas (UPC), we have the pleasure of announcing the 15th International Symposium on Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETD 2012), to be held for the first time in an Ibero American country. The ETD 2012 Conference will be hosted in Lima, Peru at The Delfines Hotel from September 12 to 14, 2012.
The theme of ETD 2012 is “Integrating cultures for the creation and sharing of knowledge – providing opportunities for the future”. Our goal is to explore and share opportunities between representatives from Ibero American and other countries around the world, in order to exchange experiences and knowledge on scholarly communications projects related to the topics considered in the ETD 2012 program.
The program will include technical papers, plenary keynote and panel sessions, workshops and poster presentations about the following topics:
Digital preservation
Copyright / Intellectual property
Institutional Repositories
ETD policies and programs
Technological developments in ETD and institutional repositories
Digital libraries and information technology
National and international collaboration
ETD Multimedia
Data Curation
Interoperability and union catalog collections
If you are interested in presenting a paper, power point presentation, or contributing a panel or poster session, please visit the proposal submission Web site athttp://www.etd2012.edu.pe/en/presentacion-trabajos/index.asp
The preliminary program as well as speakers and other relevant information are available at the conference Web site www.etd2012.edu.pe. We hope you will consider participating in this important international digital library venue and you will join us for an engaging experience at ETD 2012 as well as the incredible “once in a lifetime” experiences that Peruvian culture has to offer. Machu Picchu, Lima and many other sights are waiting for you, and so are we! For more information please send your requests to
Liliana Eléspuru (etd2012 at gmail.com)
Libio Huaroto (etd2012 at gmail.com)
Co-Chairs, ETD 2012 Conference Organizing Committee
ETD 2012 Website - www.etd2012.edu.pe/
Watch a video about Peru

--

John H. Hagen, Consultant / Owner