[Irtalk] Brief survey -citation management tools supporting theses/dissertations

Elsabe Olivier Elsabe.Olivier at up.ac.za
Tue Jun 5 09:46:31 SAST 2012

Please excuse cross-posting, if you receive this from more than one source.  I would appreciate sharing this as widely as possible in national and international settings.  Since this is going mostly to my librarian colleagues, please consider sharing on faculty mailing lists.

This is a brief anonymous survey that should only take 1-3 minutes to complete.  The data I retrieve will inform my presentation at ETD2012 in September on trends in the use of citation management tools for ETD production.  Conference papers are posted publicly, so the results will be easily sharable.

The audience is faculty, staff, librarians, information technology academic staff, and students. Respondents can be students creating a thesis or dissertation, faculty that mentor and supervise student research, and librarians that offer citation management tools.

https://yalesurvey.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_24QcDU1qixNlk7G

Please disseminate widely for the next 30 days.

Statement of competing interests:  I have no financial interest in any company producing citation management software.  As a Board Member of the Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations,  I advise and advocate for effective student, institutional, corporate, and library practices in the creation, organization, and distribution of original student scholarship.

Best,
Charlie Greenberg

Charles J Greenberg      charles.greenberg at yale.edu
Special Projects Librarian, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library
Member, Board of Directors, Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD)
Yale University   203-737-2960
http://library.medicine.yale.edu/about/staff/charlie

Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission or misdirected. Please consider communicating any sensitive information by telephone, fax or mail. The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential. If you are NOT the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message. If you wish to confirm the content of this message and/or the identity of the sender please contact me at the phone number given above.

Elsabe Olivier
Manager: Open Scholarship
NDLTD Board Member
Department Library Services
Office 4.16.1
University of Pretoria
PO Box 12411
Hatfield, PRETORIA
South Africa
0028

Tel.: + 27 12 420 3719
Fax: +27 362 5182
E-mail: elsabe.olivier at up.ac.za
Skype: elsabe.olivier

Twitter: elsabeolivier
This message and attachments are subject to a disclaimer. Please refer to www.it.up.ac.za/documentation/governance/disclaimer/  for full details./Hierdie boodskap en aanhangsels is aan 'n vrywaringsklousule onderhewig. Volledige besonderhede is by
www.it.up.ac.za/documentation/governance/disclaimer/ beskikbaar.