[Irtalk] Testing Big Blue Button

Smith, Ina <ismith@sun.ac.za> ismith at sun.ac.za
Sat Feb 25 15:32:40 SAST 2012

Dear colleagues

We hope to implement BigBluButton as a virtual conferencing/meeting solution (in addition to Polycom Conferencing). The reason for this e-mail is to ask if any of you would be prepared to help us test BBB on Wednesday 29 February 2011. We need as many participants possible, from all over the world. You are welcome to forward this invitation to anyone who also want to learn more about BBB and try it out, at the same time assisting us to smooth out any bugs.

The testing will take place on 29 February 2011 at 13:00 SA time.

About BBB: BigBlueButton supports sharing of slides (PDF and PPT), video, whiteboard, chat, VoIP (using FreeSWITCH), and desktops. It supports record and playback. It's built using over fifteen open source components, runs on Mac, Unix, and PC computers, and is supported by a community that cares about good design and a streamlined user experience.

We will forward you the details closer to the time. All you need is a webcam with microphone, speakers, and an Internet connection. You will receive a URL, username and password to login.

Very easy to use, but instructions anyway: http://www.journals.ac.za/index.php/BBB

We are really hoping that as many of you possible can participate, and maybe we can in future have more virtual conferences amongst ourselves as well, e.g. I'm thinking now of introducing DSpace 1.8 (Lewatle at WITS indicated he will be prepared to for instance give a demo) mentioned last year, etc.

Thank you so much in advance for assisting! You do not need to reply or register. Just connect on 29 Feb at 13:00 with the details that will be forwarded to you.

Kind regards
Ina

E-pos vrywaringsklousule

Hierdie e-pos mag vertroulike inligting bevat en mag regtens geprivilegeerd wees en is slegs bedoel vir die persoon aan wie dit geadresseer is. Indien u nie die bedoelde ontvanger is nie, word u hiermee in kennis gestel dat u hierdie dokument geensins mag gebruik, versprei of kopieer nie. Stel ook asseblief die sender onmiddellik per telefoon in kennis en vee die e-pos uit. Die Universiteit aanvaar nie aanspreeklikheid vir enige skade, verlies of uitgawe wat voortspruit uit hierdie e-pos en/of die oopmaak van enige lêers aangeheg by hierdie e-pos nie.

E-mail disclaimer

This e-mail may contain confidential information and may be legally privileged and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you may not use, distribute or copy this document in any manner whatsoever. Kindly also notify the sender immediately by telephone, and delete the e-mail. The University does not accept liability for any damage, loss or expense arising from this e-mail and/or accessing any files attached to this e-mail.