[Irtalk] 7000 journals and the DOAJ site in Turkish!

Smith, Ina <ismith@sun.ac.za> ismith at sun.ac.za
Sat Sep 17 08:46:29 SAST 2011

Dear Colleagues

This is excellent, and congrats to DOAJ who is doing a fantastic job!!! Please support them. Stellenbosch University is also in the process of registering the 12 journals that forms part of our pilot project with DOAJ, and hopefully they will appear there soon. You will already be able to find 2 of our journals (to be launched during OA week) on DOAJ:

Scientia Militaria: http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=findJournals&uiLanguage=en&hybrid=&query=scientia+militaria
Global Media : African Edition: http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=findJournals&uiLanguage=en&hybrid=&query=Global+Media+Journal+%3A+African+Edition+

Please also register any OA titles you are aware of. You can done it electronically with:

DOAJ: http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=suggest
SHERPA RoMEO: http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo/feedback.php?fIDnum=|&mode=simple&la=en&type=jpnew

More places where you can possibly register OA journals to increase its visibility (still have to be investigated by us, but will keep you posted) - please share if you know of other directories/harvesters:

    Proquest
    Sabinet
    Ebscohost
    CrossRef
    DOAJ
    Google
    Electronic Journals Library
    Ulrich's Periodicals Directory
    SHERPA RoMEO
    JournalSeek, Thomson Reuters Master Journal List
    e-journals.org
    JURN directory of Arts & Humanities ejournals
    Wikipedia List of Academic Journals
    Scopus and SJR
    openj-gate
    Register online ISSN's with OCLC