[Irtalk] New BASE service: BASE OAI-PMH Validity Checker

Smith, Ina <ismith@sun.ac.za> ismith at sun.ac.za
Tue Jun 7 18:28:29 SAST 2011

Dear all,

I'm pleased to announce a new BASE service called "BASE OAI-PMH
Validity Checker", please see:

http://oval.base-search.net/oval

We use it as an internal tool to easily check the OAI interface
of new repositories, but we think it could be helpful for
repository managers too.

About BASE:

BASE is the name of the multi-disciplinary search engine for
academically  relevant OAI-Sources which was created and
developed by Bielefeld University  Library.  BASE is one of the
biggest OAI-Search-Engines and includes more than 28 million
documents originating from more than 1,830 repository servers.

Best
Dirk