[Irtalk] NDLTD Membership Renewal or Join!

Elsabe Olivier Elsabe.Olivier at up.ac.za
Fri Jan 28 09:57:45 SAST 2011

Dear Colleagues
Is your institution a NDLTD member yet? The Networked Digital Library
of Theses and Dissertations is an international organization dedicated
to promoting the adoption, creation, use, dissemination, and
preservation of electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs). Benefits of
joining are:
Support for harvesting your institution’s ETDs into the NDLTD Union
Catalog ( http://www.ndltd.org/ndltd-union-catalog-project ), thereby
increasing their visibility

Support for developing a long-term preservation strategy through the
NDLTD’s partnership with the MetaArchive Cooperative (
http://metaarchive.org/ )
Eligibility for NDLTD ETD awards (
http://www.ndltd.org/events_and_awards/awards/etd-awards )
Eligibility to serve on NDLTD committees and working groups (
http://www.ndltd.org/about/committees/ndltd-committees )
Eligibility for a mentoring program
Discounts on exhibits and displays at annual symposia
Conference registration fee discounts for selected events and this year
the 14th conference will be held in Cape Town, South Africa!
http://www.ndltd.org/news-and-events/2010/etd-2011-14th-international-symposium-on-electronic-theses-and-dissertations

South Africa is regarded as one of the developing nations and as such
South Africa institutions can join for only US $100.00 (R705,48).
For renewing your membership:
This is my yearly reminder that it is time to renew your NDLTD
membership. To accommodate the growth of NDLTD, both in membership and
activities, we have installed a new online membership-management system.
It is now possible to pay your dues by credit card. Payments by check
and international wire transfer remain available.
Until now, NDLTD had a fixed membership year, running from March 1st
until the end of February. The new system gives us the flexibility to
let members renew at the anniversary of their initial registration.
Recent NDLTD members (after July 2010) already used the new system to
register, and they will be notified automatically when their membership
renewal is due.
For all other NDLTD members, the current membership year expires
February 28, 2011. Because you are not yet in our new system, this year
you need to register as new members. Don't worry, we'll adjust the
"Member Since" information later.
To register, please click on http://tinyurl.com/4r9umjh and follow the
instructions.
Once registered, you will find all membership-management functions at
http://www.ndltd.org/join. Here, you will find links to join NDLTD,
renew your membership, and manage your personal and institutional
profiles. For example, the primary contact for an institution can add up
to five of their institution's staff to the institutional profile,
thereby ensuring they'll receive the member discount when attending
NDLTD events.
If you are the primary contact for a consortium, please contact me to
discuss new payment options for consortia.

Should you encounter any problems or if you have any questions, please
do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope you will continue to support NDLTD and its important work!
Sincerely,

--Eric F. Van de Velde,
Chair of the NDLTD Membership Committee.

Google Voice: (626) 898-5415
Telephone:      (626) 376-5415
Skype chat, voice, or web-video: efvandevelde
E-mail: eric.f.vandevelde at gmail.com

Elsabe Olivier
Manager: Open Scholarship
NDLTD Board Member
Department Library Services
University of Pretoria
PRETORIA
0002
South Africa

Tel.: + 27 12 420 3719
Fax: +27 12 362 5100
E-mail: elsabe.olivier at up.ac.za
Skype: elsabe.olivier
http://www.library.up.ac.za

This message and attachments are subject to a disclaimer. Please refer
to www.it.up.ac.za/documentation/governance/disclaimer/  for full
details./Hierdie boodskap en aanhangsels is aan 'n vrywaringsklousule
onderhewig. Volledige besonderhede is by
www.it.up.ac.za/documentation/governance/disclaimer/ beskikbaar.