[Irtalk] FW: BASE reaches 2000th repository

Smith, Ina <ismith@sun.ac.za> ismith at sun.ac.za
Thu Aug 18 08:50:47 SAST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-liblicense-l at lists.yale.edu [mailto:owner-liblicense-l at lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of Dirk Pieper
Sent: 18 August 2011 02:09
To: liblicense-l at lists.yale.edu
Subject: BASE reaches 2000th repository

Dear all,

we are happy to announce that BASE (www.base-search.net) has
reached another milestone with integrating the 2000th repository.

This means that we have now successfully reduced the backlog of
already harvested repositories, which were not yet indexed in
BASE, caused by the migration from Fast to Lucene/Solr earlier
this year.

About BASE:

BASE is a multi-disciplinary search engine for academically
relevant OAI-Sources which was created and developed by Bielefeld
University Library.  BASE is one of the biggest
OAI-Search-Engines and includes some 31 million documents
originating from more than 2.000 repository servers.

Please find more information in our blogs:

ub.unibi.de/oaiblog
ub.unibi.de/baseblog

Follow us:
twitter.com/#!/BASEsearch