[Irtalk] FW: ANNOUNCEMENT: DSpace 1.6.1 is available now!

Smith, Ina <ismith@sun.ac.za> ismith at sun.ac.za
Mon May 24 07:34:03 SAST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Kim Shepherd [mailto:kims at waikato.ac.nz]
Sent: 23 May 2010 23:31
To: dspace-general at lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: dspace-tech at lists.sourceforge.net; dspace-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Dspace-tech] ANNOUNCEMENT: DSpace 1.6.1 is available now!

All,

Today we'd like to announce the official release of DSpace 1.6.1!

DSpace 1.6.1 can be downloaded immediately at either of the following locations:

* SourceForge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dspace/files/
* SVN: http://scm.dspace.org/svn/repo/dspace/tags/dspace-1.6.1/

DSpace 1.6.1 is primarily a bug-fix release, which means it does not
introduce any new features but improves existing features and fixes
bugs discovered in earlier versions of DSpace.
This is also the first [minor] version of DSpace to use a
"time-driven" approach to release, rather than a "feature-driven"
approach: we set a deadline and worked towards releasing on that date,
instead of releasing when a certain number of issues were resolved.
DSpace 1.7 will be the first major time-driven release.

* Fixed issues *

42 issues were fixed in DSpace 1.6.1. The full list can be reviewed here:
http://jira.dspace.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10020&fixfor=10030

* Acknowledgements *

The DSpace application would not exist without the hard work and
support  of the community.
We'd like to extend gratitude to all the developers who worked hard to
fix issues discovered in 1.6.0 and earlier versions of DSpace. Big
thanks also go out to those who reported bugs, helped test patches and
gave their feedback to developers. Last but not least, thanks to
Jeffrey Trimble for his continued work as the DSpace "documentation
gardener", ensuring that all our documentation is updated and
accurate.

A full list of people who contributed code to DSpace 1.6.1 can be found at:
http://scm.dspace.org/svn/repo/dspace/tags/dspace-1.6.1/dspace/CHANGES

Give yourselves and your colleagues a pat on the back today!  Again,
none of this could have happened without your hard work and support.

Thanks again!  Enjoy DSpace 1.6.1, and let us know what you think!

Sincerely,

The DSpace Developers