[Irtalk] FW: [Dspace-tech] DSpace 1.6.2 is released, resolves issues in 1.6.1

Smith, Ina <ismith@sun.ac.za> ismith at sun.ac.za
Thu Jun 17 08:51:53 SAST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Donohue [mailto:tdonohue at duraspace.org]
Sent: 16 June 2010 16:15
To: dspace-general; dspace-tech; dspace-devel
Subject: [Dspace-tech] DSpace 1.6.2 is released, resolves issues in 1.6.1

All,

Today we'd like to announce the official release of DSpace 1.6.2!

DSpace 1.6.2 can be downloaded immediately at either of the following
locations:

   * SourceForge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dspace/files/
   * SVN: http://scm.dspace.org/svn/repo/dspace/tags/dspace-1.6.2/

DSpace 1.6.2 is a bug-fix release, which resolve several key issues in
our 1.6.1 release. As mentioned previously
(http://expertvoices.nsdl.org/duraspace/2010/06/11/dspace-162-release-will-fix-key-issues-in-161/),
shortly after the 1.6.1 release we discovered a few key issues which
required more immediate attention. We recommend anyone running DSpace
1.6.0 or 1.6.1 upgrade to 1.6.2 in order to resolve these issues.

DSpace 1.6.2 does not introduce any new features, it just resolves
several issues in 1.6.1 and 1.6.0.

*Fixed issues*

Two key issues were resolved in DSpace 1.6.2.  We've fixed the broken
'start-handle-server' script (accidentally broken in the 1.6.1 release),
and also resolved an issue where invalid handles (identifiers) were not
being properly escaped in the 1.6.x JSPUI.  The DSpace Developers felt
that these two issues were important enough to warrant an immediate release.

The full details of all resolved issues are available here:
http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS/fixforversion/10040

*Acknowledgments*

The DSpace application would not exist without the hard work and support
of the community.

Thanks to our early adopters of 1.6.1, who helped us to discover those
few key issues we overlooked in that release.  Special thanks to the
small team of developers (Kim Shepherd, Keith Gilbertson, Stuart Lewis,
Tim Donohue) who pulled together fixes quickly and helped with the rapid
turnaround between 1.6.1 and 1.6.2.  As always, thanks to Jeffrey
Trimble in helping us quickly fix some key areas of the Documentation as
well.

A full list of people who contributed code to DSpace 1.6.2 can be found
at: http://scm.dspace.org/svn/repo/dspace/tags/dspace-1.6.2/dspace/CHANGES

Thanks again! Enjoy DSpace 1.6.2, and let us know what you think!

Sincerely,

The DSpace Developers