[Irtalk] Elsabe Olivier joins NDLTD Board of Directors

Hussein Suleman hussein at cs.uct.ac.za
Tue Aug 31 17:13:15 SAST 2010

hi folks

i am pleased to announce that Elsabe Olivier from UP is the new South
African representative on the Board of Directors of the Networked
Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD).

NDLTD promotes the adoption of ETDs worldwide and has been at the
forefront of the revolution in electronic publishing in the last 15 years.

we have been privileged to have a South African representative in this
organisation since it was formalised some 10 years ago. this
representation has ensured that we are in touch with developments in the
rest of the world and also that the rest of the world knows what is
happening in South Africa, Southern Africa and often the rest of the
continent.

congratulations to Elsabe on her appointment, and i wish her all the
best in her new role as a representative of and liaison with the local
community.

ttfn,
----hussein