[Duraspace] [EIFL-all] IT'S #GIVINGTUESDAY TOMORROW – Help us to support struggling children in Ghana to pass their exams

Rima Kupryte rima.kupryte at eifl.net
Mon Nov 27 13:49:28 SAST 2017

Dear Friends

Tomorrow, *28 November,* we’re joining *t**he international day of
generosity, **#GivingTuesday*, by
raising funds to buy more laptop computers for *a mobile library project in
Ghana that is helping thousands of children to pass crucial school
exams.* Every
week, with EIFL support, mobile libraries in four regions of Ghana travel
to 20 under-resourced schools in poor and rural areas to give children
practical experience of computers and the internet. The computers are
pre-loaded
with content related to the school curriculum - like maths, science and
geography - to help the children study and pass their exams.

With more computers, the libraries can help more children. *Click here **to
donate to our project.*
<https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/hands-on-computer-classes-for-1800-ghana-children>

*All donations received on #GivingTuesday will earn matching funds from
GlobalGiving - so please donate as early as possible on the 28th November. *

Most schools in poor and rural areas of Ghana do not have computers,
internet connections or reliable electricity. Without practical computer
experience, children are failing their exams. The cost of failure is high:
poor families cannot afford to keep their children in school, and children
who must leave school early face uncertain futures*. *The four mobile
libraries each have 15
solar-charged laptops. But the classes are are big, and not all the
children can get the hands-on experience they so desperately need.

In 2015/6 our project helped increase the exam pass rate in over 20 schools
in the four regions by 20% With your help, we can do better!

Please help us get the word out about our campaign to buy more computers
for the mobile libraries and *HELP MORE CHILDREN PASS THEIR EXAMS
<https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/hands-on-computer-classes-for-1800-ghana-children>*.
Be sure to use the hashtag *#GivingTuesday* and share the link to our
project -
www.globalgiving.org/projects/hands-on-computer-classes-for-1800-ghana-children
.

Warm regards