[Duraspace] [EIFL-all] SAVE THE DATE - #GIVINGTUESDAY – give a child in Africa the gift of reading

Rima Kupryte rima.kupryte at eifl.net
Sun Nov 27 18:12:57 SAST 2016

Dear friends,

On 29 November, we’re joining the international day of generosity,
#GivingTuesday, by raising funds to put new children’s books onto the
shelves of public libraries in Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda.

So please save the date - 29 November, #GivingTuesday - and as early as
possible on the 29th November, click here http://bit.ly/2gGQ3YX to donate
to our new project.

Your donations on #GivingTuesday can earn 50% matching funding donated by
the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation through our online partner,
GlobalGiving.

For poor families in Africa, public libraries are the only places where
children have the opportunity to read. But in many libraries the children's
shelves are bare or have just a few books, worn out through overuse.

Your support will help librarians to buy new children’s books by popular
African authors who write stories that embrace the children's real-life
experience and culture. They will be able to help the children to read and
understand the books, building their reading confidence, giving them a
lifelong love of reading, and improving their chances in life.

*Donate early on 29 November to be sure to increase your donation by a 50%
bonus!*

Please also help us get the word out about our campaign to GIVE A CHILD IN
AFRICA THE GIFT OF READING. Be sure to use the hashtag #GivingTuesday and
share the link to our project –
<https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/give-a-child-in-africa-the-gift-of-reading/%23menu>
http://bit.ly/2gGQ3YX

Warm regards,