[Duraspace] Fwd: [Dspace-devel] Now available: DSpace 5.2 release, providing bug fixes to 5.x

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Thu May 21 17:36:58 SAST 2015

FYI.

*Hilton Gibson*
Ubuntu Linux Systems Administrator
Stellenbosch University Library
http://staff.lib.sun.ac.za/~hgibson/docs/cv/cv.html

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pottinger, Hardy J. <PottingerHJ at missouri.edu>
Date: 21 May 2015 at 16:49
Subject: [Dspace-devel] Now available: DSpace 5.2 release, providing bug
fixes to 5.x
To: "dspace-devel at lists.sourceforge.net" <dspace-devel at lists.sourceforge.net

Dear DSpace Community:

On behalf of the DSpace developers, I would like to formally announce
that DSpace 5.2 is now available. DSpace 5.2 is a bug-fix release and
contains no new features.

DSpace 5.2 can be downloaded immediately at either of the following
locations:

* SourceForge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dspace/files/
* GitHub: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/ (see the "dspace-5.2" tag)

In addition, you are welcome to try out DSpace 5.2 on
http://demo.dspace.org/ and continue to provide any early feedback you
may have.

== Fixed in 5.2 ==

* Solr statistics upgrade fixes:
- Resolve issues where statistics index was not being properly upgraded.
DS-2486, DS-2487, DS-2489
- Failure when sharding the Solr statistics index. DS-2212

* OAI fixes:
- Handle dates correctly in resumption tokens, so that harvesting captures
the full specified range. DS-2546, DS-2582
- List all authors in METS formatted metadata. DS-2474
- Change the declared OAI deletion mode to "transient", which corresponds
to what DSpace actually does. DS-2491
- Restore the ability to create additional Filters for OAI-PMH interface.
DS-2423

* REST API fixes:
- wrong SQL in REST /items/find-by-metadata-field. DS-2501
- Listing collections would fail when using Oracle DB. DS-2508
- Correctly apply bitstream policies. DS-2511

* Other notable fixes:
- "dspace update-handle-prefix" failed when using Oracle DB. DS-2218
- Do not index items that are still in a submitter's workspace. DS-2403
- Remember the context (community, collection) during browsing. DS-2482
- Better handle upload of file with a semicolon in its name. DS-2513
- EZID DOI minting properly sets the URI of the identified item. DS-2518
- Update of the list of robots recognized by DSpace. DS-2531

For much more information on each of these and other fixes, please visit our
5.x Release Notes:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/Release+Notes

== 5.2 Documentation ==

The DSpace 5.x documentation is available online at:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/

A PDF copy of the documentation can also be downloaded from:
http://www.dspace.org/latest-release/

== 5.2 Acknowledgments ==

The DSpace application would not exist without the hard work and
support of the community. Thank you to the many developers who have
worked very hard to deliver all the new features and
improvements. Also thanks to the users who provided input and feedback
on the development, as well those who participated in the
testathons.

In particular, I'd like to single out Dr. Andrea Schweer
for her identification of various Solr statistics issues, and her
contributed fixes for those issues. Dr. Schweer also helped identify
and test many other fixes for this release, and 5.2 would not
be the same without her efforts.

Additionally I would like to thank Tim Donohue of DuraSpace for ensuring
that every DSpace release goes off without a hitch. Likewise, I would be
remiss if I did not mention the tireless efforts of everyone on the
DSpace 5 Release Team. I hope they don't mind me mentioning their names
one last time:

* Peter Dietz (Longsight)
* Hardy Pottinger (University of Missouri Library Systems)
* Ivan Masár
* Mark H. Wood (Indiana University)
* Robin Taylor (University of Edinburgh)
* Pascal-Nicolas Becker (Technische Universität Berlin)
* Andrea Schweer (Library Consortium of New Zealand)

A detailed listing of all known people/institutions who contributed
directly to DSpace 5.2 is available in the Release Notes. If you
contributed and were accidentally not listed, please let us know so
that we can correct it!

For DSpace 5.2, we had a total of 22 individuals contribute bug fixes.
A big thanks goes out to everyone who participated. We hope you'll
continue to be a valuable addition to the DSpace community for the
next release and beyond!

== More Information ==

More information on this release is also available in the DSpace 5.2
Release Notes at:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/Release+Notes

As always, we are happy to hear back from the community about DSpace.
Please let us know what you think of 5.2!

Hardy Pottinger, on behalf of the DSpace 5.2 Release Team, and all the
DSpace developers.