[Duraspace] Data + Design: A simple introduction to preparing and visualizing information - Zunia.org

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue May 5 15:54:31 SAST 2015

* What are the cultural effects of having easy access to data?* It means,
for one thing, that we all need to be more data literate. It also means we
have to be more design literate. As the old adage goes, statistics lie.
Well, data visualizations lie, too. *How can we learn how to first,
effectively read data visualizations; and second, author them in such a way
that is ethical and clearly communicates the data’s inherent story?*

http://zunia.org/post/data-design-a-simple-introduction-to-preparing-and-visualizing-information