[Duraspace] A Librarian’s Defense of Despair – The Conversation - Blogs - The Chronicle of Higher Education

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 09:55:24 SAST 2015

The executive’s argument differs little from those that librarians
sometimes make when asked to support open-access publishing ventures. *How
can we possibly support new models of publishing when we struggle with less
success each year to maintain existing commitments* to serials agents, book
jobbers, and database packagers? How can we justify new compacts when we
can’t even pay the bills for current obligations?

http://chronicle.com/blogs/conversation/2015/03/06/in-defense-of-librarians-despair/