[Duraspace] Spot the blue square blog | National Library of Australia

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 12:17:14 SAST 2015

This is just the beginning. We’re now investigating including ORCIDs across
the other zones of Trove, to better link together publications and
biographies. We know there is a move to do more with ORCIDs in the
Australian research sector. *Earlier this month a number of our partners
issued a joint statement of principle committing to support the use of
ORCIDs as a common research identifier. On the same day the Australian
Research Centre (ARC) and National Health and Medical Research Council
(NHMRC) issued a statement encouraging researchers applying for grants to
have an ORCID identifier, so we expect to see more of these identifiers
cropping up over the coming months.*

https://www.nla.gov.au/blogs/trove/2015/04/27/spot-the-blue-square