[Duraspace] Putting Open at the Heart of the Digital Age | Open Knowledge Blog

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 12:53:49 SAST 2015

*The Internet’s costless transmission can – and is – just as easily
creating information empires and information robber barons as it can
creating digital democracy and information equality.*

We already know that this technology offers unprecedented opportunities for
surveillance, for monitoring, for tracking. It can just as easily exploit
us as empower us.

We need to put openness at the heart of this information age, and at the
heart of the Net, if we are really to realize its possibilities for
freedom, empowerment, and connection.

http://blog.okfn.org/2015/06/05/putting-open-at-the-heart-of-the-digital-age/