[Duraspace] Putting together the pieces of the puzzle: Africa and the Middle East | ORCID

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 17:07:48 SAST 2015

Last month I posted a blog about ORCID and research management in Southern
Africa, and our workshop at SARIMA.

*I’m delighted to say that, since then, interest in ORCID has continued to
grow in the Middle East & Africa region.* We’ve had several discussions
with research institutions in Southern Africa and a number are now
reviewing institutional membership to ORCID. Several institutions have
begun testing an ORCID integration with their institutional repository.
Through an engaged community and ORCID integration points throughout the
research lifecycle, we are are working toward our goal to connect research
information with the researchers who produce it, across systems and sectors
(see Figure 1).

http://orcid.org/blog/2015/07/06/putting-together-pieces-puzzle-africa-and-middle-east