[Duraspace] When decade-old functionality would be progress – the desolate state of our scholarly infrastructure | Brembs | Septentrio Conference Series

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 23:02:20 SAST 2015

But we should not only look back in anger, we should also look forward with
fervor and vision: right in front of us, within reach, lies a utopia that
is easily realizable with the ten billion US$ we annually waste on
publishers.* This is a call to reappropriate the public good that is
scholarship and to use subscription funds to develop our infrastructure.*

​http://dx.doi.org/10.7557/5.3226

http://septentrio.uit.no/index.php/SCS/article/view/3226