[Duraspace] My Name Is Ozymandias, King of Kings | The Scholarly Kitchen

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 14:49:05 SAST 2015

But here’s a thought experiment that I do think is useful: suppose the
research library were, in fact, to move to the margins of academic life on
my campus – its budget massively cut, its spaces substantially taken over
by other campus entities, its faculty and staff drastically reduced
(probably by attrition). How would the negative impact of that change be
felt in the day-to-day lives of my university’s students and faculty? The
answer to that question, it seems to me, is the answer to the question *“How
is my library making a difference to our sponsoring institution?,” and that
seems to me to be about as existentially important a question as can be
asked of us (and by us) at this point in our history.*

http://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2015/01/07/my-name-is-ozymandias-king-of-kings/