[Duraspace] The Elephant in the Room Is a Phone | The Scholarly Kitchen

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 12:47:32 SAST 2015

This is why I am surprised that few people working in scholarly
communications are paying attention to the huge monster that is stomping
around the room and trumpeting a war cry. I refer to the Pachydermic
Majesty of mobile computing, the spawn of Steve Jobs, which has transformed
the infrastructure of digital media. Just about everybody who reads this
blog touches a smart phone dozens, hundreds of times a day. *But the
implications of the smart phone have not yet been built into the fabric of
scholarly communications. This will come; the question is who will do it.*

http://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2015/02/12/the-elephant-in-the-room-is-a-phone/