[Duraspace] Open Access at Oxford » Oxford prepares for ‘Act on Acceptance’

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 10:54:14 SAST 2015

We are continuing as planned with preparations for a single, simple message
for open access: Act on Acceptance. Over the summer, we are putting in
place mechanisms to ensure all researchers employed by the collegiate
University are able to deposit their article manuscripts in our repository
ORA within 3 months of acceptance by the journal - to meet HEFCE’s OA
requirements and the general push to improve the accessibility of research.

Research Services, the Libraries and IT Services are in the middle of this
work, and will be producing materials and guidance for departments &
researchers from Autumn 2015. This is when our campaign around ‘act on
acceptance’ will begin so as to be ready for HEFCE’s policy start date of 1
April 2016. We will provide further information later in the summer.

http://openaccess.ox.ac.uk/oxford-prepares-for-act-on-acceptance/