[Duraspace] Writing an open textbook: a mid-term report on the technology

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 10:54:37 SAST 2014

I’m about half-way through writing my open textbook, ‘Teaching in a Digital
Age.’ I’ve done about five and a half chapters, and I would like to share
my views on the underlying technology that I am using, because, while it
does the job reasonably well, *we are clearly in the Version 1.0 stage of
software development,* from an author’s perspective. *I believe there is a
major opportunity to develop a software authoring framework that fully
exploits the open characteristics of a textbook, but we are not there yet.*

http://www.tonybates.ca/2014/09/26/writing-an-open-textbook-a-mid-term-report-on-the-technology/