[Duraspace] Academic Libraries and Non-Disclosure Clauses: institutions should internally mandate against them

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 21:40:55 SAST 2014

*As I’ve said before, including in my oral evidence to the UK House of
Commons BIS Select Committee Inquiry into Open Access in 2013,
non-disclosure agreements in academic publishing contracts are awful*. They
make a potentially monopolistic enterprise (because every article/book is
unique and because brand is such a strong driver of academic behaviour,
there is little competition) into one that exploits that monopolistic
position in terms of pricing.

https://www.martineve.com/?p=3240