[Duraspace] University Presses and Commercial Publishers should start offering green OA for monographs

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 11:25:52 SAST 2014

The same cannot be said, however, for books, which is a shame. My optimism
comes from the fact that I believe in the humanities and university
education. I currently feel, however, that by restricting our research to
often-unaffordable venues and modes of dissemination, we lock out the
general, wider audience from the benefits of the institution. With a large
swathe of the population now educated to university level, over time, were
material available, we might see a shift in culture. We also make research
and teaching a far harder proposition for independent scholars and those at
less-wealthy institutions through the paywall setup. *Green open access
could address these problems. *

https://www.martineve.com/?p=3222