[Duraspace] Open access papers ‘gain more traffic and citations’ | News | Times Higher Education

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 13:59:43 SAST 2014

Research Information Network executive director Michael Jubb said the study
added to “the growing body of literature showing that open access is good
for article citations and, especially, online visibility”.

“We weren’t able to control for all the factors that might affect views and
citations, such as whether articles had been posted in one or more
repositories or the numbers and locations of authors, but we’re confident
that the analysis shows that open access has positive effects for both
authors and readers.”

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/home/open-access-papers-gain-more-traffic-and-citations/2014850.article