[Duraspace] Where's the value in open source? | Opensource.com

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue May 27 15:05:02 SAST 2014

*If we realize that the people which make up a community are the truly
valuable part of an open source project*, then it's important to look at
how this wealth should be handled, so it can be nurtured properly and
grown. Obviously we want to grow the most valuable part of our community.
We want to strengthen the bonds which bring the community together to
create something bigger than itself. That's the secret of a strong and
growing community. The relationships. When the relationships between the
people making up a community are strong, then the project will thrive. The
culture of a community matters.
​
​

http://opensource.com/life/14/5/true-value-of-open-source