[Duraspace] COAR » Major international associations join together to underscore their support for immediate open access to research articles

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Wed May 14 15:52:05 SAST 2014

As organizations committed to the principle that access to information
advances discovery, accelerates innovation and improves education, we
endorse the policies and practices that enable Open Access – immediate,
barrier free access to and reuse of scholarly articles.

Policies that promote Open Access are increasingly being adopted world wide
by research funders, academic institutions and national governments in
order to improve the use and value of scholarly research. *We fully support
such policies and the dual avenues for implementing them: open access
repositories and open access journals.* These policies play an important
role in creating an environment where our collective investments in
research can be maximized for the benefit of the public, and for society at
large.

https://www.coar-repositories.org/news-media/major-international-associations-join-together-to-underscore-their-support-for-immediate-open-access-to-research-articles/