[Duraspace] Is Elsevier going to take control of us and our data? The Vice-Chancellor of Cambridge thinks so and I’m terrified « petermr's blog

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Fri May 2 14:00:56 SAST 2014

*Do you trust Mendeley*? Do you trust Elsevier? Do you trust and large
organisations without independent control (GCHQ, NSA, Google, Facebook)? If
you do, stop reading and don’t worry.

In Mendeley, Elsevier has a window onto nearly everything that a scientist
is interested in. Every time your read a new paper Mendeley knows what you
are interested in.  Mendeley knows your working habits – what time are you
spending on your research?

http://blogs.ch.cam.ac.uk/pmr/2014/04/29/is-elsevier-going-to-take-control-of-us-and-our-data-the-vice-chancellor-of-cambridge-thinks-so-and-im-terrified