[Duraspace] Sharing science: Searchability, accessibility, and the future of academic publishing // cogsci.nl

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 23:09:48 SAST 2014

So far, what I have described is a system that allows scientists to share
their work in a more diverse way than is currently done. *But we are still
left with the thorny issue of searchability.* Of course, devising a way to
make all scientific output properly and systematically searchable is really
difficult. But I would like to make one simple suggestion that would take
us a few steps in that direction: Citations should be qualitative.

http://www.cogsci.nl/blog/miscellaneous/220--sharing-science-searchability-accessibility-and-the-future-of-academic-publishing