[Duraspace] Wikipedia:School of Open course - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 13:08:28 SAST 2014

Writing Wikipedia Articles is a free online course developed in
collaboration with the School of Open, and conducted here on Wikipedia!
We've taught this six week course three times. The next round begins
February 25, 2014. (If you prefer, take the course at your own pace, as
described below.)
If you can read Wikipedia, you can help build it! We will teach you about
the community, technology, and rules behind this ubiquitous and
community-built online encyclopedia. We focus on articles about openness in
education: open educational resources, MOOCs, Creative Commons licenses and
more. Students learn about the values and culture that have driven hundreds
of thousands of volunteers to build Wikipedia, which has generated millions
of free articles in hundreds of languages since its 2001 launch. We cover
the technical skills needed to edit articles, and share practical insights
into the site's collaborative norms and social dynamics. Our students gain
confidence in taking on technical challenges and editorial disagreements,
and graduate with a sophisticated understanding of how to use Wikipedia
both as a reader and as an active participant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WIKISOO

*​How to write Wikipedia articles. Free online course!​*