[Duraspace] Opening science: towards an agenda of open science in academia and industry - Springer

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 15:04:46 SAST 2014

The shift towards open innovation has substantially changed the academic
and practical understanding of corporate innovation. While academic studies
on open innovation are burgeoning, most research on the topic focuses on
the later phases of the innovation process. So far, the impact and
implications of the general tendency towards more openness in academic and
industrial science at the very front-end of the innovation process have
been mostly neglected. Our paper presents a conceptualization of this open
science as a new research paradigm. Based on empirical data and current
literature, we analyze the phenomenon and propose four perspectives of open
science. Furthermore, we outline current trends and propose directions for
future developments.

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10961-014-9375-6/fulltext.html?utm_campaign=buffer&utm_content=buffer1c4d2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com