[Duraspace] The high value of an open source community | opensource.com

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 15:30:59 SAST 2014

I’ve been using Drupal, an open source content management system (CMS), for
the websites I manage for over four years now. Though there may be some
quirks in working with an open source product, I cannot imagine doing it
any other way.

Hesitations people may have when considering whether to use an open source
product probably include the fact that you can’t just submit a helpdesk
ticket when you run into a problem and expect a response within two
business days. Most of the time, no single company or entity exists behind
an open source project, like with a proprietary system. Instead open source
has communities.

http://opensource.com/business/14/4/open-source-community-beats-tech-support