[Duraspace] Towards a New Library Model | bauen

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 09:29:27 SAST 2013

We need to think again, in a radical and disruptive way, about our
professional future, and the future of the buildings of our libraries. This
is not about introducing small improvements, or doing some new stuff so as
to avoid big changes. This is not useful anymore. In spite of the obvious
and avowed success of the actual model of library, the social, economic and
cultural reality imposes itself just like a heavy slab; and this reality
imposes, wants and needs a systemic change, a new way of doing and posing
the libraries – of all kinds, not only the public ones. *Everything we have
done and planned during the last 30 years is not useful anymore*.

http://www.bauenblog.info/2013/09/26/towards-a-new-library-model/