[Duraspace] About Us | KA Lite

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 11:55:37 SAST 2013

Our open-source platform for deploying Khan Academy videos and exercises in
offline and low-bandwidth contexts, was soft-launched in December of 2012,
and is already seeing widespread global deployment, particularly in India
and sub-Saharan Africa. The Foundation’s current activities are focused
around developing this platform further and helping to support its
deployment through partner NGOs, as well as individual teachers and schools
wanting to make use of the platform with their students. We have been in
discussions with hundreds of organizations, schools, and individuals around
the world, many of whom are now deploying KA Lite in classrooms and homes,
and have several larger pilot programs underway.

http://kalite.learningequality.org/content/about/