[Duraspace] About The Licenses - Creative Commons

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 15:25:28 SAST 2013

The Creative Commons copyright licenses and tools forge a balance inside
the traditional “all rights reserved” setting that copyright law creates.
Our tools give everyone from individual creators to large companies and
institutions a simple, standardized way to grant copyright permissions to
their creative work. The combination of our tools and our users is a vast
and growing digital commons, a pool of content that can be copied,
distributed, edited, remixed, and built upon, all within the boundaries of
copyright law.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/