[Duraspace] Open Access Accredited Journals in South Africa: they do exist | OpenUCT

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 12:04:45 SAST 2013

Over the last few months I have been working with a digital deluge of
spreadsheets and data.  The purpose of this work was to put together a list
of the accredited open access journals published in South Africa.  By open
access, I mean journals that are free to view and/or download and have an
open license, usually a creative commons license.  I also looked for those
accredited journals which are available for users to read freely, but don’t
have an open license (in this case the publisher usually keeps the
copyright and re-use is not allowed without permission from them).
http://openuct.uct.ac.za/blog/open-access-accredited-journals-south-africa-they-do-exist