[Duraspace] Open E-Books in Libraries at #OAI8 | Rudolf Mumenthaler's Homepage

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 15:33:32 SAST 2013

Last week I attended the CERN workshop on innovation in scholarly
communication (#OAI8) in Geneva. There were a lot of interesting talks and
discussions. In more than one session we talked about open access models
for e-books. Rupert Gatti from  www.openbookpublishers.com explained his
business model and reported about his experience with open access e-books.
By the way, it reminded me of Andreas von Guntens model with buch & netz, a
small Swiss company that publishes e-books under a Creative Commons
licence, that are freely available (as web publication) but also can be
bought on his homepage and in all bigger online stores. And he uses (as I
did with my own e-book about e-books) the platform pressbooks.com for
production and publication.

*http://ruedimumenthaler.ch/2013/06/26/open-e-books-in-libraries-at-oai8*