[Duraspace] Open Access Petition Gathers over 500 Signatures | Scholarly Communication Program

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 16:41:55 SAST 2013

To celebrate Open Access Week 2013, from October 21-25, the librarians of
Columbia University and partners from Barnard and the Union Theological
Seminary spent the whole week on College Walk (and one day in the
International Affairs building) talking to any and everyone about open
access and Academic Commons, Columbia’s institutional repository. In just
five days, over 500 people signed our petition in favor of a greater
commitment to making quality research from Columbia open access and freely
available. We chatted with people from many different roles and fields
within the Columbia community and handed out flyers with information about
Academic Commons and why open access to research is beneficial to scholars
and the public.

http://scholcomm.cul.columbia.edu/2013/12/04/open-access-petition-gathers-over-500-signatures/

​An excellent advocacy campaign!​