[Duraspace] Sustaining Strategic Transitions in Higher Education (EDUCAUSE Review) | EDUCAUSE.edu

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 05:36:56 SAST 2013

During all phases of the EI efforts, we have engaged IT professionals as
key campus partners. Our vice provost for information technology—also the
chief information officer—joined and championed early campus EI planning
conversations. He understood the collective leadership approach and the
communication strategies needed for this effort. He aligned our EI work
with a concurrent campus-wide strategic planning effort: Administrative
Excellence, which is developing a new enterprise IT decision-making campus
structure.

This will ensure that decisions around the costs, needed resources, and
strategic directions for learning technologies will follow a high-level and
campus-wide strategic planning and decision-making process. It also
guarantees that the importance of transforming teaching and learning
through the use of technology is reflected in campus strategic planning and
budgeting processes
http://www.educause.edu/ero/article/sustaining-strategic-transitions-higher-education