[Duraspace] [EIFL-all] EIFL needs your help!

Rima Kupryte rima.kupryte at eifl.net
Fri Apr 19 13:18:41 SAST 2013

Dear colleagues,

We have entered Global Giving's April Challenge to support an innovative
library project in Ghana, and we need to raise at least US$5,000 by April
30th. Please help us by donating to the project. Through the generous
support of our friends and contacts, we have already raised US$3,967 - so we
still need to raise just over US$1,000 by April 30.

What's the money for?

Poor school children in Ghana are failing exams because they are unable to
get hands-on computer experience.  A town library in Ho, Volta Region, has
come up with an innovative solution to the problem - a mobile library with
solar power that takes fully-charged laptops to schools, benefiting 450
children.  The money we raise will go directly to the library service, and
will fund computers, solar panels and internet connections. Find out more at
<http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/hands-on-computer-classes-for-450-ghan
a-children/>
http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/hands-on-computer-classes-for-450-ghana
-children/.

Donating is easy...

Simply go to
<http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/hands-on-computer-classes-for-450-ghan
a-children/>
http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/hands-on-computer-classes-for-450-ghana
-children/ and click on the big orange "Donate" button!  Note, for US
citizens, donations are tax-deductible.

BONUS DAY

You can donate at any time - but on April 24th, GlobalGiving will add a 15%
bonus to every donation. So April 24th is a great day to add value to your
donation and increase support for the project.

Why?

If we are successful in raising US$5,000 by April 30th, we will be able to
use the GlobalGiving platform in future to support innovative library
services ,and to contribute to improving lives in many different communities
in other countries.

Thank you and best wishes

Rima

Rima Kupryte