[Duraspace] Fwd: DuraSpace Sponsorship

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Fri May 18 18:11:04 SAST 2012

Please see below.
Sorry for cross-posting.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Valorie Hollister <vhollister at duraspace.org>
Date: 17 May 2012 20:42
Subject: DuraSpace Sponsorship
To: hilton.gibson at gmail.com

Hi Hilton -

DuraSpace has just launched its 2012 sponsorship campaign and we want to
make sure we have the word out to as many community members as possible.
Would you please post Michele Kimpton's email (with the attachment) below
on the irtalk at lists.lib.sun.ac.za and duraspace at lists.lib.sun.ac.za mailing
lists?

Thank you!
Valorie Hollister
Director of Community Programs
DuraSpace
vhollister at duraspace.org

Dear DSpace and Fedora user communities,

Your organization has made a strategic decision to choose DSpace or Fedora,
the open source repository software from DuraSpace, for managing and
preserving your digital content. While the software is available free of
charge, the DuraSpace organization relies on annual financial support from
those who benefit from the software in order to meet the evolving needs of
the community. *DuraSpace, a not‐for‐profit organization, does not receive
funding from the government or private foundations to sustain the existing
software and communities.*

Your sponsorship, together with the existing sponsorship of your
colleagues, will ensure that both the DSpace and Fedora platforms will
continue to evolve and adapt as required by our community. Sponsor funds
are used to pay for technical leadership, community programs, educational
programs, and stewardship of the software platforms.

The DuraSpace organization provides key services and solutions that enable
organizations like yours to manage and preserve their digital content.
DuraSpace has launched several new initiatives this year to better support
our large community of users, which include:

* New educational webinar series and online training materials
* DuraCloud, a cloud based solution for online archiving and preservation
services
* Workshops and forums addressing key topics related to managing content in
repositories

Since launching the sponsorship campaign, DuraSpace has received the
support of sixty‐five organizations. In the year ahead, we must increase
sponsorship in order to fully fund the community based services we provide.
We need your help in achieving this goal. *Please join your colleagues
today and become a sponsor of DuraSpace.*  You may do so by completing the
attached form and returning it to me. All levels of contribution are
appreciated.  If you have any questions or would like to talk with me in
more detail about DuraSpace or our Sponsorship Program, please feel free to
email me directly.
A complete list of
sponsors<http://www.duraspace.org/july-2011-july-2012-sponsors> as
well as our annual
report<http://www.duraspace.org/sites/default/files/u6/DuraSpaceAnnualReport2011.pdf>
is
available at DuraSpace.org <http://www.duraspace.org/>.

Best -

Michele Kimpton
Chief Executive Officer
DuraSpace
Mkimpton at duraspace.org

** **

--
Hilton Gibson
Systems Administrator

Cell: +27 846 464 758 | Phone: +27 21 808 4100