[Duraspace] Install Dspace Server Setup - BIB ITD

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 17:43:46 SAST 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 17:24 +0200, Sherwyn Mack wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I've run into some trouble with my pg_hba.conf file so I decided to uninstall PostgreSQL and re-install.
> I ran 'aptitude install postgresql-8.3' it ran a long download and said that it was successful and all that, but when I check, there's no postgresql in the /etc directory.
>
> I thought that maybe I hadn't installed properly, but then when I tried the install again, it said that I already had the latest version installed. I got frustrated and tried to uninstall again, but then it said there was nothing to uninstall!
>
> Please help. Thanks
Ok. Assuming you do not want to use ANY of the old postgresql, do the
following (run this at your own peril !!!)

Open a terminal on the server and type the following:
sudo dpkg --purge postgresql-8.3
After is it purged, there should no config files and NO databases.
Then do the installation again and recreate your dspace database
according to the wiki instructions strictly.

Then run the Dspace installation instructions again.

Hope you export your digital assets first !!

Cheers

hg.